Paper for Minecraft 1.10: Official Release

Discussion in 'Paper Announcements & Information' started by Z750, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z750

Z750 Taco King
    Administrator Paper Core Developer Spigot Staff

So today, Mojang released Minecraft 1.10, even a little sooner than they apparently thought. Despite this, upstream was quick to update. We began working on our own update shortly thereafter and, as of now, I'm proud to say that Paper for Minecraft 1.10 is available.

Now, as many of you know, the first release of a major update is always a little shaky. So update often, update before you report issues, update before you take showers, update before you eat, and update when you get done updating. Make sure you have backups, and make sure you know what you're getting into.

This update comes just as 1.9.4 was starting to become stable, as such, we understand that most servers will not be jumping onto this build immediately, nor should they. There is still some internal debate around this issue, but we may offer limited support for 1.9.4 for the near future, or at least until this all settles down.

The latest build on the CI, and future builds will now point at 1.10, the final (for now?) build of 1.9.4 is build #773, and can be accessed here.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but it's late and I'm tired. So perhaps this post will get an addendum later on.

Thanks for the continued support,
    - The PaperMC team.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Frozon

Frozon Member

Awesome! Keep up the good work guys :taco::taco::taco:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sheldon

Sheldon New Member

4. Plusgames

Plusgames Previously SkyDev